Saturday, August 18, 2012

A DAY AT THE RACES AND TEXTURE TUESDAY




Last weekend my husband won the guest announcer spot for horse racing at River Downs. So the whole family went and it was a great chance for me to get some pics of the horses and my kids. Rob did pretty well at announcing the race, something I would never want to try to do!  Jimmy was bummed that he couldn't ride any of the horses, but all in all it was a fun day!



The horses were beautiful, I was set on getting close ups of their faces and I was pleased with what I got!


























My 8 yo son Jimmy, I edited this with Florabella Actions and used Kim Klassen's Distressed Sky, applied as soft light 35%.





My soon to be teenager Sydney, I wasn't sure whether I liked the color or black and white on this one!



5 comments:

  1. Colour for your daughter,her colouring is lovely and your son did a good job too! I couldnt call a horse race but I do talk fast LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos - congrats to your husband. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! He did much better than I would have! I'm easily distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very memorable day for all of you.
    (Daughter's photo...color; it's lovely)
    Hope you are enjoying your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete