Tuesday, August 21, 2012

John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge and Texture Tuesday

 

kimklassencafeI took this photo of the John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge in Cincinnati, Ohio this past weekend after we left the Cincinnati Bengals practice camp! It was awesome, by the way! More pics of that to come. This is my entry for Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday. On this I used kk_dream-it applied in the soft light blend mode at 80%. Hopefully, if you mouse over you can see the before...if I did it right! I used a Lightroom 3 preset to give my photo that antique look! If you are here via Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday, please provide a link back to your photo in the comments so I can check out your fabulous work too! 

24 comments:

  1. Amazing texture work. A wonderful result !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a great photo! I love bridges. We travel over the GW and Tappan zee on our way to and from Florida and always wish to get a photo but somehow always in a rush! So very nice to meet you!
    Great processing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosemary!! I actually had the opportunity to climb this bridge (there are steps leading to the top), but I'm so afraid of heights, I chickened out!

      Delete
  3. Lovely photo of this beautiful (and familiar) sight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice effects. Strong composition here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful photo! I really like how the texture adds to it but it is just as beautiful without the texture. It's my first week participating in Texture Tuesday and am really enjoying looking at everyone's photographs.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/staceylmarkel/7827643444/in/photostream

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! What a beautiful image! I love bridges and you've captured this one so wonderfully well. Also, your texture work really compliments an already gorgeous photograph. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a beautiful processing job on this bridge. it looks so majestic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for your comment... I have to say I love the blend mode... looks so vintage along with dream it.... great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you before and after Teresa such a magnificent bridge and great texture, thanks for visiting my blog and leavind a lovely comment..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool bridge! It reminds me of the Tower Bridge in London, England

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photo, beautifully textured !
    Have a nice weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, quite a difference to the original photo! Great transformation.

    ReplyDelete