Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Snow Days

I love to photography birds on snowy days!  The weatherman had forecasted snow, but you never know! I went out the night before and filled up my bird feeder and put out suet.

Had some strange bedfellows, a yellow bellied woodpecker feeding with a Starling, a cardinal and a fox sparrow, two Cardinals and a little Finch,

Some shared nicely, some fought. Either way, it was a bird nerd's heaven!




My favorite bird to photograph in the snow, besides an owl, is the cardinal. Both male and female are so beautiful with a snowy background.

 I had more Cardinals at my feeder than I have ever had! The Blue Jay was great to see too!


If you'd like to buy prints of any of these photos, please visit http://www.teaschmidphotography.com/Fine-Art/Birds/i-h2HNFc5

No comments:

Post a Comment